Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

How To Find... The ONE!

Happy Valentines Day!!! :) Today is a day to celebrate the "L" word! Yep! LOVE! Crazy, amazing, confusing, mushy, cute, and silly love. Now I know some of you might be tempted to just quit reading this now. DONT! I promise this isnt really about Valentines day. Its just the intro into my topic of choice for the day! And I've been waiting to write about it for a long time! This was actually going to be my first post when I started blogging again... but I decided it fit very well for Valentines Day. haha Kay! Now that I've explained... back to introducing. Ok. So whether you are single, dating, or married, you want the same thing... love. You want that one special person to love for the rest of your earthly life and to make you feel loved and important. How do you find that one? Any of you know?

You have a list and you compare them to it? Nope! Well yes... you need to have standards, but the only one that is a full requirement is that they love God will all their heart, with all their soul, and with all their mind. But that's not how you find the "one"... its how you eliminate the ones that aren't even going into your "consideration" circle.

First off! You can choose who you want to date and marry! Crazy! But God did give us free will. On the other hand... He already knows who that is... so really there is one out there! But how do you find the "one"? Out of the crazy amounts of people in the world and all the amazing wonderful people you know, how do you know if they are the "one"? I've been doing a lot of looking into this in the past 6 months to a year, and I've learned a lot. So here's some of the things I've been learning and growing in.

Well first off lets look at that question! When you look at it closely... and you examine your intentions behind it... are you really thinking "how do I find a person who will fulfill my needs the best"? Ok... so thats a selfish question! "Hmmm... but Breanna, I still want to marry someone who will fulfill all my needs!" Ok. Well what are your needs going to be in 10 years? 5 years? 1 year? You don't know?! WHAT!? But how do you find the person who will meet your needs when you have no clue what they will be?!

OH! hold up! I know! You ready for this? It's going to smack you in the face with how obvious it is... God knows. Sorry... its so cliche but its also so incredibly true. Please don't be annoyed that the answer is so obvious. It was obvious for me too but I didnt recognize it, and that's why I'm sharing. anyways...  God knows your needs now, your needs in 1 year, your needs in 5 years, your needs in 10 years, your needs in 20 years, your needs in 50 years, etc... God knows exactly what you will need every moment of every day of your earthly life. Now, we know God is loving. We know He loves us. We know He died for us to take care of our need for a savior. If He would die for us... dont you think He will provide for us in other ways too? If He loved us enough for His Son to die for us, dont you think He would care about who we love on Earth? I do.

 So how do you find that "one"? You stop focusing on what you think you'll need, and instead focus on what you will be able to give. Instead of (or as well as) having a list of what you want in your future husband/wife, maybe make a list of what you need to be as a husband/wife. Here are some things to help you start on that.

1st Corinthians 13 talks all about what Love is. Work on becoming those things yourself.
Patient, kind, not envious, not boastful, not proud, not dishonoring to others, not self-seeking, not easily angered, keeping no record of wrongs (grudges), not delighting in evil, but rejoicing in truth. Always protecting, always trusting, always hoping, and always persevering.

And as you work on those things, if you are single, then please know that God has a plan for you! He knows your heart and your needs, and He will provide for you in His perfect timing. If you are in a relationship and you are still wondering if they are the perfect "one" ask yourself this "Did I pray about this before I asked them out/said yes to going out with them?" if you did then you're on the right track! Then ask yourself this "Are they living for God and seeking His will first?" if yes then ask if they fit all your deal breaker requirements and fit with your future goals and lifestyle. If they do... then they might just be the "one". Keep praying about it. Keep seeking God! He knows your needs! He brought that person into your life for a reason. :) And if you feel worried about "settling" for someone, please read my post about it and follow the links below that post. ( http://breannasblogtomakeyouthink.blogspot.ca/2013/02/are-you-setting-in-your-relationship.html )

So today as you wonder about your "one"... start wondering how you can become the right "one" for someone else and how you can love them and God better. And know that God has all of your needs covered. Dont worry, dont fret, dont panic, and dont run. God's got this!! He is the creator of love... He's got you covered.

God Bless,

Breanna


2 comments:

  1. What can I say about this post? It enlightened me. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad! :) You're welcome! I'm so happy my "light bulb" moment of the day could help others.

    ReplyDelete