Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

End of the Rope

So right now, I feel like I've reached the end of my rope. I'm falling to my knees in exhaustion, discouragement, and surrender. I can't handle any more. Everything that could possible go wrong has or is going wrong. The crazing amazing things that I know God brought into my life or blessed me with are being messed around with by the devil and keep turning around and hurting instead of encouraging me or moving me forward. I feel worn out trying to stay positive in all of this darkness. I really am at the end of my rope clinging to the ends while it frays in my hands. I know, it sounds terrible. But I wanted you guys to know that you're not alone in facing troubles. You're not alone in feeling down. So I want to take this time to encourage you and remind us both of God's promises to us as His beloved children.

Philippians 4:19 says "And my God will meet all of your needs according to His glorious riches in Jesus Christ." Notice that it says ALL of your needs. Not just some, not just parts, but ALL of them. God will meet you where you're at and fulfill all of your needs.

John 16:33 says "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! For I have overcome the world!" Jesus even says that we will have trouble, but He also promises us that He has overcome the world. Christ is alive still, He overcame death to save us. He will help us through the craziness of life.

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock eternal." Isaiah 26:3-4 God will keep us in perfect peace when we trust in Him. He is eternal, He is the Lord and He is our Rock through the times of trouble and hardship.

"God is our refuge and strength, our ever present help in times of trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way, and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging." Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, even in the times of trouble. As the things on earth go terribly wrong, and the whole world seems to be falling apart, God is our refuge and strength. He will protect us and strengthen us to endure the hardships we face.

Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." You starting to pick up on the theme here? God is our strength, He will help us, so why would we fear our be dismayed?

"Cast ALL your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1st Peter 5:7 Cast all that anxiety, stress, worry, fear, all of it, onto God, because He cares for us. He knows our needs, He will provide, He will meet us where we are, He will strengthen us, He loves us.

So what do you do when you don't have the strength left to hang onto the rope? What do you do when your strength is failing? Well, you fall to your knees, you PRAY! You spend time in His word finding encouragement. You get back up. You hold onto that rope, and you KNOW that God will give you the strength to persevere and face the next day, the next hour, and the next minute. Because we know His promises and we KNOW He cares for us. Even when we are walking through the darkness, God is our light.
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105

Even with all that's going on, all the hard things you face, all the challenges that get thrown at you, God is your refuge and your strength. Lean on Him and you can make it through anything.

He is my refuge, He is my strength, He is my rock, He is my help, He is my deliverer  He is my healer, He is my savior, He is my love, and He is my God. In HIM alone will I find what I need.

God bless,
Breanna


No comments:

Post a Comment