Search This Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Final Post forContinuing on Dating Struggles: Real Love?

Alright... so my day has been insane... but I thought I'd do a short post anyways. :) 
I wanted to tell you guys (and girls) how to distinguish that the person you're dating or like actually does love you. For this we look at 1st Corinthians 13.


"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

This passage tells us exactly what Love looks like. Real love is patient, kind, its not jealous, its not a showoff, its not prideful, it doesn't hurt others, its not selfish, or quick to get mad at someone, and is forgiving. Love encourages truthful behavior and discourages lieing. Love always protects you, always hopes, and never quits! 
Now think of your bf/gf/person you like. Do they fit this mold? No one but God will fit it perfectly, but the more they fit, the more they are striving to be one of God's followers. If they show all of these qualities in how they treat you and others, then my goodness you have a fantastic girl/guy. If not... maybe you should consider what real love actually looks like. 

Remember the greatest is love, and when its real its worth it, and God's love is very very real! :) 

God Bless!
Breanna

1 comment: